China has established one of the largest higher education systems in the world. Chinese graduates dominate the largest numbers worldwide annually Scholarships in China with many excelling in different industries and fields. China is also home to top-tier universities that have kept moving upwards in major global university ranking tables.
Recognizing the role of quality education in national industrialization and social progress, the Chinese government offers numerous scholarships for resident and international students. In fact, China is one of the most generous countries providing scholarships to foreign students and there are currently over 50,000 international students in China with scholarships
How to Apply For Scholarships in China:
All universities in China will offer either full or partial scholarships. There are only three steps to find and apply for scholarships in China:
Choose a University
- Each university has different scholarships. Find a university here
- Universities have scholarship information posted on their websites.
- Apply as Early as Possible! Most scholarships have limited spots, and they fill up quickly.
How Much Are Chinese Scholarships Worth?
There are partial and full scholarships. They can include a portion or all of the tuition fee, accommodation, and some will pay living expenses every month which can be worth up to $30,000 USD.
CSC Scholarships – Chinese Government Scholarships
CSC scholarships are one of the most common scholarships awarded to Pakistani/ international students. Provided by the Chinese Scholarship Council, this type of government scholarship is a initiative of the Chinese Ministry of Education to promote education, cultural exchange, political cooperation and mutual understanding between other countries and China. CSC scholarships can be partially or full-funded.
CSC does not cover MBA programs, MBBS programs (MBBS have very limited scholarships), or those programs with a very high tuition fee. You will need to look at the other types of scholarships .
Preparing Application Documents
Preparing the required documents is an important step to get a Chinese scholarship. In addition to providing soft copies of documents, you may also be required to provide hard copies for mailing.
Some of the most basic requirements include:
- Notarized highest diploma
- Academic transcripts
- A study plan or research proposal
- Recommendation letters
- If planning to stay in China for more than 6 months, you must submit a photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (valid for 6 months)
- Applicants with the Pre-admission Letter/Admission Letter from designated universities should enclose the letter in the application package
Contact ASHS Consultant .