Do you wish to study in Canada about are skeptical due to financial constraints? Canada is one of the most economical destinations to study abroad because students get free scholarship , managing the entire tuition fee is a cumbersome process. For anyone facing such issues, whereas the best solution is to apply for scholarships in Canada. The Canadian government along with universities in Canada and various other private organizations offer a advantageous free scholarships in Canada . If you are awarded any one of the scholarships being offered you can fulfill your dream of pursuing free scholarship in Canada So let’s get started and explore some of the scholarships in Canada for Pakistani students to make your dream of studying in Canada come true!
THIS BLOG INCLUDES:
1 -why study in Canada?
2- Pakistan’s largest study abroad scholarships
3 popular scholarships to study in Canada
4 International undergraduate scholarships in canada
5- Fully-Funded Scholarships in Canada
6-Scholarships in Canada for MBA
7-Affordable Universities in Canada
8-Post-Graduation Work Permit in Canada
9-Requirements to Study in Canada
Why Study in Canada?
If you are planning to fly off to Canada for your further studies, here are a few major reasons you can refer to while convincing your elders because Canada is the place to be.
- English is Everywhere – Canada has two official languages – English and French. This makes your day-to-day interactions while living in Canada very convenient as English is spoken everywhere in the country.
- Top-Ranking Universities – Canada has some of the top-ranking universities which comes under the 150 best universities according to QS rankings. With a world-level education system it is a highly sought after destination by international students.
- Diverse and cosmopolitan environment – Canada comprises an ethnically and linguistically diverse population out of which 50% speaks other languages than English. Due to this your academic experience will be full of multicultural events which will help you learn about different cultures.
- A high and safe quality of life – Being one of the safest countries with free scholarship and comparatively low crime rate, Canada is ranked second in the world to have the highest quality of life.
- Research-based Universities – Canada is well-renowned for its groundbreaking discoveries and developments in the field of life sciences and medicine. Thanks to its investment in establishing research-based universities, it has become one of the favourite place for students planning to pursue a PhD.
Pakistan’s Largest Study Abroad Scholarship
You must have come across a dozen of free scholarship in Canada cover the entire expense of tuition fees and are fully funded. But have you heard about the popular ashs consultancy Yes, you read it right, because ASHS is offering an overseas free scholarships in Canada for Pakistani students. Pakistan’s largest study abroad scholarship is meant to help hundreds of pakistani with their tuition fees, living expenses, as well as easing costs related to visa applications, excursions, and on-campus expenditure.
Popular Scholarships to Study in Canada
In order to encourage international students, the Canadian Government provides a scholarship programs. Here are some of the top scholarships for Canada.
- 1-York University International student scholarships
- 2-Lester B.pearson International scholarship
- 3-University of calgary International Entrance Scholarship
- 4-Humber College International Entrance Scholarships
- 5-Winnipeg President’s scholarships for world leaders
- 6-Carleton Prestige Scholarships
- 7-University of columbia Scholarships for International Students
- University of British Columbia. UBC offers $15 million in financial aid to incoming students every year! Their highest awards are the Presidential Scholars Awards and the UBC Centennial Scholars Entrance Award.
International Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada
For all the aspirants who are looking forward for scholarships to pursuing UG courses in Canada, free scholarships in Canada listed below are some of the popular scholarships in Canada that are exclusively open for UG course applicants:
York University International Student Scholarships
The York University provides overseas candidates who can take bachelor’s courses with the World Champion of Tomorrow Scholarships and International Entrance Scholarships with distinction. Under the Global Leader of Tomorrow, $80,000 will be offered for 4 years, while $1,40, 000 will be given for International Entrance Scholarships for 4 years.
- Candidates must have a study permit to pursue studies in Canada
- Candidates must have directly applied to York University
- Excellent academic background with a minimum A grade or its equivalent
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at University of Toronto
The University of Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program is structured to reward international students who show outstanding academic success and innovation and who are regarded within their school as representatives. The student’s effect on the life of their school and community and their possible opportunity to adapt significantly to the global community are given particular importance. like These grants, awarded annually, honor exceptional students from around the world, including foreign students enrolled at high schools in Canada. This is U of T’s most coveted and successful foreign student scholarship. Approximately 37 students are called Lester B. Pearson Scholars each year.
- Candidates must have a study permit to pursue an education in Canada
- Applicants must be in the final year of secondary school
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
The University of Calgary offers this Canadian scholarship for Pakistani students. It is one of the most prestigious scholarships in Canada because that is awarded to students having an outstanding academic background. The criteria for the scholarship is not only an outstanding but background in terms of academics but also extra-curricular activities. In the total period of four years $60,000 will be allotted to students, that is, 15000 dollars every year.
- Candidates who are already registered in a full-time Under Graduate program can apply for the scholarship
- It is mandatory to have a minimum of 3.20 GPA to become eligible for the scholarship
University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
The University of British columbia provides more than CAD 200 million annually through UBC scholarships, honors, scholarships, grants, and loans, like recognizing the talent and accomplishments of its current and ongoing students. In 2018-2019, full-time students from the University of British Columbia like they earned CAD 325.9 million in overall student financial assistance. The following graph shows the overall support offered over the past five years for the University in British Grants, Scholarships, and Bursaries.
According to the recruitment status of the university, 1 out of every 5 students of the bachelor’s program because (20% of UBC student headcount) 1 out of every 2 students of the master’s program (53% of UBC student headcount) gained from Canada’s University of British Columbia research scholarships.
Humber College International Entrance Scholarships
Humber college in Canada offers renewable full and partial tuition scholarships to NEW international students because beginning classes in September and January of each year. The scholarships are renewable, however, to be eligible for renewal, the student must maintain a minimum grade point average of 80%.
- Non-transfer students who have not attended college or university, or who have not studied in Humber’s EAP programme are eligible for Bachelor’s Degree scholarships.
- Humber automatically grants degree scholarships to graduating high school students based on academic accomplishment, with a minimum final entrance average of 75%.
Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for World Leaders
The President’s Scholarship for World Leaders at the University of winnipeg is given to international students but who are enrolling for the first time in any of the university’s divisions. whereas Applicants must have an entrance average
Free Scholarships in Canada
Other than most scholarships which do not cover the entire tuition fees for Canadian Universities, but the free scholarships canada for exceptionally meritorious students provide complete tuition fee coverage. Here are a few popular ones you can apply for.
- University Canada West Scholarship 2023
- Biggest Scholarships in Canada
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
- Organization of American States (OAS) Academic Scholarship Program
- Anne Vallee Ecological Fund
- Canada Memorial Scholarship
- Surfshark Privacy and Security Scholarship
- Trudeau Scholarships and Fellowships
Scholarships in Canada for MBA
Here are some popular free scholarships MBA in CANADA for Pakistani students click here
- Haskayne School of Business MBA in Canada Scholarships
- Ivey MBA Scholarships in Canada
- Alberta MBA Scholarships
- Sauder School of Business Scholarship
- Rotman School of Management Scholarships
- Schulich School of Business Scholarships
- Entrance Scholarships
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program
- Scotiabank Scholarships in International Business
- Robert Krembil Scholarship of Merit
- Tanna H. Schulich MBA Entrance Scholarship
- Seymour Schulich MBA Entrance Scholarship
Affordable Universities in Canada
Many affordable universities in Canada offer education programs for international students. Here are the top universities in Canada with lower tuition fees.
- Brandon University
- University of Guelph
- Memorial university of new foundland
- Canadian Mennonite University
- University of St. Boniface
- McGill university
- Humber College
- University of Calgary
- University of Northern British Columbia
- centennial college
Students studying in Canada are eligible to stay back in the country and apply for the post graduation because Students have a window of 180 days to apply for the permit after because receiving their final marks and work in the country for up to 3 years on the permit. whereas Documents required are an official letter from your school and an official transcript or copy to confirm that you have studied at the university. but work in the country, the candidates must have completed at least one year of education from DIL registered university.
of at least 80% or comparable, as well as be active in activities that exhibit leadership.
Requirements to Study in Canada
If you are planning to study in Canada from PAKISTAN here are the key requirements you need to keep in mind:
- Transcripts or Marksheet of your previous degree or diploma
- GMAT Scores for MBA and Masters programs in Canada
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) & Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
- Acceptable English Proficiency Tests:
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to study in Canada.
- An updated CV (if required)
- If you are applying for a Masters in Canada or PHD program, but you might need to provide two letters of academic reference with previous letters of employment. and if you haven’t studied in Canada before, you will also need an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment).
If you want to study in Canada, then don’t miss out on this. contact ASHS Consultant